Birthday Parties @ the Fire House!
Dunn Loring Volunteer Fire & Rescue Department is happy to announce that we now offer birthday parties for kids at the fire station! There are several offerings, and the details are available below. Please contact us if you have any questions.
1-Alarm Fire Party
DLVFRD shall provide setup, for up to 20 children, including:
- three tables,
- plastic tablecloths,
- fire themed table setting including paper plates and napkins, plastic forks and spoons,
- a covered gift drop-off table,
- wall hangings,
- table decorations, and
- a plastic fire helmet for each child attendee
Each additional child, including any siblings on site, are $15 each.
The package also includes a birthday party coordinator to assist with planning, a firefighter or EMS member and tour of the engine and medic unit.
2-Alarm Fire Party
The 2-Alarm Birthday Package shall include all items listed for the 1-Alarm Package with the addition of:
- balloon decorations and
- a fire themed goodie bag.
Each additional child, including any siblings on site, are $20 each.
3-Alarm fire party
The 3-Alarm Birthday Package shall include all items listed in the 2-Alarm Birthday Package with the addition of:
- four (4) large pizzas,
- paper cups,
- ice, and
- one (1) additional age appropriate activity choice listed under Additional Options.
Each additional child, including any siblings on site, are $25 each.
The following activities can be added to any package. There is a cost associated with each activity.
- Stop, Drop & Roll Activity:
- Children will learn and practice on a floor mat what to do if clothing catches on fire.
- Bucket Brigade Activity:
- Up to six (6) children at a time will use small plastic buckets outside to transfer water to an imaginary fire. [Weather Dependent Activity]
- Flame House Activity:
- Children will use a small hose outside to spray water on imaginary flames in a wooden fire house. [Weather Dependent Activity]
- Firefighter Gear Demo Activity:
- A firefighter will demonstrate the actual gear firemen wear and get fully equipped in front of children.
- Goody Bag:
- A fire themed goody bag for each child which includes 16-page coloring book, Crayons, safety stickers, membership certificate, reusable zip bag.
- Sparky Visit:
- Costumed Sparky the fire dog can make an appearance up to 30 minutes at the event.
- Obstacle Course:
- Children will run various obstacles outside to include crawling through a tunnel, spraying a hose, and climbing a small ladder. [Weather Dependent Activity]